Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School Reflections

I’ll soon be heading into my eleventh year of homeschooling. My firstborn is leaving for college, and, as usual, the dynamic of our homeschool will change. I like to take this time before we start again to prepare myself for a new year. After 10 weeks of enjoying lazy days, it’s time to shift gears from Summer Mom to Teacher Mom. Remembering basics like sharpen all the pencils and have coffee first is easy. But what makes the transition work the best is reflecting on the less tangible lessons I’ve learned over the years:

• My children reflect my moods. (Yes, I said reflect, not affect.) If I am distracted, grumpy, and/or irritable, they will be, too. I should be nice all the time. …

{I'm over at The Homeschool Classroom today. Visit me there for the rest of this post!}

The Homeschool Classrom

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new year to come! My kids are going to public school this year, much to my dismay. Hopefully all the kids will learn a lot and be safe this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true. They are like a pool of water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written and so very true! This post has actually helped me more today than I could express.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.