Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Miscellany

* I really miss doing my Monday Memory posts, but truthfully, my brains are utter mush on Mondays after a day at co-op. Last week I had to look through dozens and dozens of photos in search of the perfect 15 pictures for Jesse's senior slide show, and I had such an urge to write about so many of the photos. But there's that mush-brain problem.

* It's hard for me to understand how I once had a 40-hour/week job. Why does teaching co-op classes for 3 hours completely wipe me out? It's absurd.

* Dr. H. is on spring break this week, and he's already been on two hikes. Check them out at his hiking blog, 900 Miles. I so wish that we had spring break at the same time!

* In less than two weeks, we're going away for our anniversary to a little cabin in the Smokies. Last year our anniversary hike was the arduous but exhilarating Chimney Tops trail. I wonder what Dr. H. has planned for this year? I'm already looking forward to the hot tub at the end of a long day of hiking.

* Actually, I'd like to soak in a hot tub at the end of every day. Should we take money out of Jesse's college fund and install a hot tub instead? What would Dave Ramsey say about that?

* I did not plan a menu this week. I am already feeling lost and anxious, even though Dr. H. is at home to take care of the cooking this week. (Did I just say that?) I'll be back on the menu plan bandwagon next week, for sure.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good post for "brain mush"...

    (Oh, and how I TOTALLY agree with this statement:

    "It's hard for me to understand how I once had a 40-hour/week job. Why does teaching co-op classes for 3 hours completely wipe me out? It's absurd."

    I taught full time in the public school system through all three of my pregnancies, so I understood why I was tired then. Now, I am wiped out from just one full field trip day! Getting older can be so frustrating...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the back of my mind (where no one wants to be caught),Monday is a day to recoup from the weekend, and to bring myself to reality of what needs to be done for the week. Like a self talk..really:)

    Hope you feel better!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bestowed a fabulous blog award upon you. :)

    http://dooalot.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/id-like-to-thank-the-academy/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.