Friday, April 11, 2008

At the Carnival

April 11, 2008

So yesterday morning I was frantically trying to get some things in order for our American Heritage Girls meeting, as I normally am on the second and fourth Thursday of each month. Most days we start school here around 10 a.m., and about 9:59 I was still making phone calls, printing off paperwork, etc. I realized that for quite some time, no one had come into ask, "Can I have something to eat?" and I'd heard no bickering. Just bustling about, laughter, and "your turn." Eventually my curiosity got the best of me, and when I came out to the living room to investigate, I found that Duncan and Laurel had set up an elaborate Carnival, and were in the midst of a going hog wild at the fair.


There was bobbing for apples...



and, for two tickets, a game of miniature golf...



The always popular "where's the coin" game...




A little bowling....




And, of course, the refreshment cart.


I love stuff like this. I love to find my kids making puppets, games, dollhouses, pet stores, etc. That, my friends, is the real Carnival of Homeschooling.

And now, would someone please tell me: why do we keep buying toys?


Post A Comment!.....


Comments

Saturday, April 12, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by StillHisGirl (216.249.75.230)

Oh, how I love those kinds of days! I came downstairs this morning at 8am and Jenna was fully dressed, including shoes. I asked her why she was dressed and she said she'd been walking her pet rock. She'd painted a rock, tied some yarn to it, and was walking around the house.

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Saturday, April 12, 2008 - Untitled Comment

Posted by bluerosemama (24.17.222.10)

That is amazing! What a cool set of kiddos you have. :)

Blessings,

Val

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Sunday, April 13, 2008 - Adorable!

Posted by Anonymous (81.157.215.77)

I have fond memories of playing games like this with my sister when we were in elementary school.

BTW, I am most often interrupted by requests for food. How is it possible they are hungry all the time?!

Hsien
cottontimer.com

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Sunday, April 13, 2008 - Yes, why??

Posted by Jennifer in OR (69.88.229.219)

Awesome!! Isn't it amazing what we find when we just give them some raw materials, a little time, and let them have at it?

Permanent Link Edit Delete

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - Fun!

Posted by Fatcat (209.214.175.79)

I love when my kids do stuff like that. Right now there's a grocery store set up in my kitchen, but sometimes its a restaurant. They've never done a carnival. I might have to suggest that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.