Monday, July 3, 2006

July 3, 2006: Why I Wish My Husband Were Home Tonight...

Because there is a scratching, scratching, scratching low on the door of the sunporch. I know what it is. It's not that I'm scared it's a burglar or any such thing. It's that darned hamster. I remember now that Duncan was playing quietly on the sunporch for quite some time today, and apparently he was doing the forbidden: playing with the hamster (and thus leaving the cage door open).

So I have a thing about rodents. I know it's supposed to be a cute little pet. But what I see is...rodent. And I'm not catching that thing. No way, no how. Perhaps in the morning Laurel will be brave, or perhaps the dog will catch it tonight. I'm just hoping it won't crawl under the door and visit me while I'm sleeping tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.