Sunday, March 26, 2006

March 26, 2006: Jesse's Baptism

What an amazing day. I can't believe I made it through without a box of tissues. Watching my husband baptize our son was an amazing experience. Jesse looked so perfectly at peace, so confident and poised. Graceful. And there the two of them were, in the baptistry:

“For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit… And this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also – not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 3:18, 21

Jesse Small – because you believe and have confessed that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God, I now baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.